Adventure sync not working? Follow these steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Having trouble with Adventure Sync not working on your device? Don’t worry, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Adventure sync is a feature in pokémon go that allows the game to track your walking distance even when the app is not actively open.
This feature can be incredibly useful for hatching eggs and earning buddy candies while going about your daily routine. However, if Adventure sync is not working properly, you may not be getting credit for your steps. We will explore some common causes of adventure sync not working and provide potential solutions to help you get it up and running again. So, let’s dive in and start troubleshooting the issue.
Adventure Sync Not Working: Common Issues
Adventure sync is a fantastic feature that allows you to earn distance in pokémon go, even when the app is closed. However, like any technology, it’s not without its hiccups. In this section, we will explore some common issues that may be preventing your adventure sync from working as expected.
Issues With Tracking Distance
One of the most frustrating problems users encounter with adventure sync is the failure to accurately track distance. Instead of earning kilometers for every step taken, it may seem like progress is at a standstill. Here are some key points to consider regarding this issue:
- Ensure that adventure sync is enabled in your pokémon go settings.
- Make sure that your fitness app, such as google fit or apple health, is properly synced with pokémon go.
- Check if the necessary permissions are granted to both pokémon go and your fitness app.
- Verify that your device’s location services are enabled and accurate.
Failure To Sync With Fitness Apps
Another common issue is the failure to sync data between pokémon go and your chosen fitness app. This prevents the proper tracking of steps, distance, and activities. Here are a few important points to keep in mind:
- Double-check that the fitness app you are using is compatible with adventure sync.
- Ensure that your fitness app is up to date with the latest version.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the sync feature between pokémon go and your fitness app.
- Restart your device and relaunch both pokémon go and the fitness app to establish a fresh connection.
Inaccurate Step Count
Accuracy matters when it comes to adventure sync, but sometimes the step count can be off. This can lead to frustration and inaccurate distance calculations in pokémon go. Here are some points to consider if you’re experiencing this issue:
- Check if your device’s motion tracking is functioning correctly.
- Make sure your device’s time is set to automatic, as this can affect step count accuracy.
- Try clearing the cache of both pokémon go and your fitness app.
- Consider using another fitness app, as some apps may have better step count accuracy than others.
Remember, adventure sync is a nifty feature that enhances your pokémon go experience by allowing you to earn distance more conveniently. However, if you’re facing issues with tracking distance, failure to sync with fitness apps, or inaccurate step counts, don’t worry! These common issues can usually be resolved by following the troubleshooting tips outlined above.
Keep exploring, catching pokémon, and let your adventure sync guide you on thrilling journeys!
Troubleshooting Guide Revealed
Are you experiencing issues with adventure sync not working on your device? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Follow this simple troubleshooting guide to get adventure sync up and running in no time.
Checking Device Settings
Before diving into the specifics of adventure sync, it’s crucial to ensure that your device settings are optimized for the app. Here are a few key points to consider:
- Make sure that your device is running the latest operating system version.
- Check if there are any pending updates for the pokemon go app or the relevant fitness apps you have installed.
- Ensure that your device has sufficient storage space to run the app smoothly.
Ensuring Adventure Sync Is Enabled
Adventure sync can sometimes be disabled, resulting in syncing issues. Follow these steps to ensure that adventure sync is enabled:
- Open the pokemon go app on your device.
- Access the app’s settings menu.
- Look for the adventure sync option and ensure it is toggled on.
Granting Necessary Permissions
To enable adventure sync to track your fitness data effectively, it needs certain permissions. Here’s what you should do:
- Go to your device’s settings menu.
- Locate the app permissions settings.
- Grant pokemon go and any relevant fitness apps permissions for accessing location and fitness activity data.
Optimizing Battery Settings For The App
Improper battery settings can impact adventure sync’s functionality. Take the following steps to optimize your device’s battery settings for the app:
- Open your device’s settings menu.
- Find the battery or power management section.
- Whitelist pokemon go and any relevant fitness apps to prevent them from being affected by power-saving features.
Clearing Cache And Data
If adventure sync continues to misbehave, clearing cache and data can potentially resolve the issue. Follow these instructions:
- Open your device’s settings menu.
- Head to the apps or application management section.
- Locate and select the pokemon go app.
- Tap on the options to clear cache and data.
Updating The Pokemon Go App And Relevant Fitness Apps
Outdated apps can sometimes cause compatibility issues with adventure sync. Ensure all relevant apps are up to date by following these steps:
- Visit your device’s app store.
- Check for pending updates for the pokemon go app and any relevant fitness apps.
- Update the apps to their latest versions.
Checking Compatibility With Device
Adventure sync’s functionality can vary depending on your device. Here’s what to keep in mind for both Android and ios devices:
- Ensure that your Android device has Google Play services installed and updated.
- Check if your device meets the necessary hardware and software requirements to run Adventure Sync.
- Disable any battery-saving features that may interfere with the app’s functionality.
- Confirm that your iOS device is on an updated version of iOS.
- Make sure that adventure sync is permitted to run in the background.
- Disable any power-saving features that could potentially affect Adventure Sync’s performance.
Following these troubleshooting steps should help resolve most adventure sync issues. If the problems persist, it may be worth contacting official support channels for further assistance. Get ready to embark on your virtual adventures with adventure sync back in action!
Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques
Are you facing issues with adventure sync not working in your Pokemon Go app? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this section, we will walk you through some advanced troubleshooting techniques to help you resolve the problem. Let’s dive in!
Reinstalling The Pokemon Go App
If adventure sync is not working, one of the first steps you can take is to reinstall the pokemon go app. This can help resolve any conflicts or glitches that might be causing the issue. Here are the key points to remember:
- Uninstall the Pokemon Go app from your device.
- Restart your device to ensure a clean start.
- Reinstall the Pokemon Go app from the official app store.
- Launch the app and check if adventure sync is now working.
Resetting Network Connections
Sometimes, network connectivity problems can interfere with adventure sync. By resetting your network connections, you can refresh the connection and possibly fix the issue. Consider the following steps:
- Turn off your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
- Restart your device.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection again.
- Launch Pokemon Go and check if Adventure sync is now functioning properly.
Ensuring The Latest Operating System Updates
Having an outdated operating system can also cause compatibility issues with Adventure Sync. It’s essential to regularly update your device’s operating system to ensure optimal performance. Keep these points in mind:
- Check for any available updates for your device’s operating system.
- Download and install the latest updates if available.
- Restart your device after the update.
- Launch Pokemon Go and see if Adventure sync has started working.
Checking For Conflicting Apps Or Software
Certain apps or software on your device might conflict with Adventure Sync, preventing it from working correctly. Check for any potential conflicts and take the necessary steps to resolve them. Consider these points:
- Go through the list of apps installed on your device.
- Identify any apps that may interfere with Pokemon Go or Adventure Sync.
- Temporarily disable or uninstall those apps.
- Restart your device and launch Pokemon Go to check if adventure sync is functioning as expected.
Contacting Niantic Support For Further Assistance
If you’ve tried the above troubleshooting techniques and adventure sync is still not working, it may be time to reach out to Niantic support for further assistance. Here’s what you should do:
- Visit Niantic’s official support website.
- Look for the contact or support section.
- Provide detailed information about the issue and steps you’ve already taken.
- Wait for their response and follow any instructions they provide.
Exploring Community Forums For Possible Solutions
Community forums can be a treasure trove of information when it comes to troubleshooting issues like adventure sync not working. Engage with other Pokemon Go players who may have encountered similar problems and benefit from their experiences. Take these steps:
- Search for Pokemon Go community forums or discussion boards.
- Post a detailed description of your adventure sync issue.
- Look for existing threads related to adventure sync problems.
- Engage with the community and try any suggested solutions.
Considerations For Rooted Or Jailbroken Devices
If you’re using a rooted or jailbroken device, it’s important to note that adventure sync may not function correctly. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Adventure sync may not be supported on rooted or jailbroken devices.
- Consider reverting your device to its original operating system.
- Unroot or un-jailbreak your device if feasible.
- Check if adventure sync starts working after restoring your device to its original state.
By following these advanced troubleshooting techniques, you should be able to resolve the adventure sync not working issue on your Pokemon Go app. Remember, if all else fails, reaching out to niantic support or seeking help from the Pokemon Go community can provide valuable assistance.
Get back on track to capturing those Pokemon while staying active!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
1. Why Is Adventure Sync Not Working On My Phone?
Adventure sync may not be working on your phone due to several reasons. It could be because the feature is disabled in your device settings, or there may be a problem with your phone’s operating system. Another possibility is that you haven’t given the necessary permissions to the app.
To fix the issue, check your device settings, update your operating system, and ensure that you have granted all necessary permissions.
2. How Can I Enable Adventure Sync On My Phone?
To enable adventure sync on your phone, open the Pokemon Go app, tap on the Pokeball menu, and go to the settings section. Scroll down to find the adventure sync option and toggle it on. You may also need to grant the necessary permissions to the app in your phone’s settings.
Once enabled, Adventure Sync will track your steps and sync with the game.
3. Can Adventure Sync Track Steps Without Opening The App?
Yes, Adventure Sync can track your steps even if you haven’t opened the Pokemon Go app. This feature uses your phone’s built-in fitness tracking capabilities to count your steps and sync them with the game. However, to ensure accurate tracking, make sure that the adventure sync option is enabled in the Pokemon Go settings and that you have given the necessary permissions to the app.
4. How Do I Troubleshoot Adventure Sync Not Working On Android?
To troubleshoot adventure sync not working on Android, first, check if the feature is enabled in the Pokemon Go settings. Next, ensure that you have granted all necessary permissions to the app and allowed it to run in the background.
Also, make sure that your phone’s battery optimization settings are not interfering with adventure sync. If the issue persists, try restarting your phone and reinstalling the Pokemon Go app.
5. Is Adventure Sync Available On All Devices?
Adventure sync is available on most modern smartphones and devices that meet the system requirements for Pokemon Go. However, there might be some exceptions depending on the specific device model or operating system version. To check if your device supports adventure sync, open the Pokemon Go app, go to the settings section, and look for the adventure sync option.
To wrap up, adventure sync not working can be a frustrating issue for Pokemon Go players. It can prevent users from accurately tracking their distance and reaching their fitness goals. However, by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier, such as enabling permissions, ensuring the app is up to date, and checking connectivity settings, many users have been able to resolve this problem.
Remember to also check for any device-specific issues or software updates that may be causing the sync to fail. Taking advantage of the adventure sync feature in Pokemon Go can greatly enhance the overall gaming experience, making it easier to hatch eggs and earn rewards.
So, don’t let the occasional syncing issue discourage you. With a little patience and perseverance, you’ll be back on track, syncing your steps, and catching ’em all in no time. Happy gaming!