Discord screen share audio not working in 2019 can be resolved by checking audio settings and updating discord. Discord is a popular platform for gamers and communication, allowing users to share their screens and discuss various topics.
However, sometimes users may encounter issues with audio not working during screen sharing. To address this problem, it is important to check the audio settings in discord and ensure they are correctly configured. Additionally, updating discord to the latest version can also resolve any compatibility issues that may be causing the audio problem.
By following these steps, users can enjoy uninterrupted audio while screen sharing on discord in 2019.
Understanding The Issue
Many gamers rely on discord screen sharing to showcase their gameplay to friends and fellow gamers. However, one common issue that arises during these screen sharing sessions is the lack of audio. This problem can be frustrating and hinder the overall gaming experience and communication.
If you’re experiencing this issue, it’s essential to understand the possible causes and find solutions to ensure a seamless gaming experience.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Incompatibility between discord and certain audio drivers or devices can lead to the audio not working during screen sharing. It is essential to ensure that your audio drivers are up-to-date and compatible with discord.
- Discord’s audio settings can play a role in the lack of audio during screen sharing. It is crucial to check and adjust the settings to ensure that audio is enabled for screen-sharing sessions.
- Network issues can also be a contributing factor. Poor internet connection can result in the audio not transmitting correctly or being delayed during screen sharing. Consider optimizing your network settings or troubleshooting your internet connection.
- Lastly, it is important to note that certain discord features like “go live” and “screen share” require a discord nitro subscription for quality streaming and enhanced audio. If you don’t have a nitro subscription, you may encounter limitations in audio capabilities during screen sharing.
Understanding the impact of this issue on your gaming experience and communication is crucial. Without audio during screen sharing, you may miss out on important game sounds, voice chats, and other in-game audio cues. This can impede cooperative gameplay, hinder strategy discussions, and diminish the overall enjoyment of the gaming session.
By resolving the audio issue, you can ensure a smoother and more immersive gaming experience for yourself and your fellow gamers. In the following sections, we will explore troubleshooting tips and potential solutions to help you get your discord screen share audio working again.
So, let’s dive in and troubleshoot the problem together!
Checking Audio Settings
When it comes to troubleshooting audio issues while screen sharing on discord, one of the first steps you should take is to check your audio settings. By reviewing and adjusting the audio settings, you may be able to resolve the problem and start screen sharing with audio seamlessly.
Here are some key points to consider when reviewing discord audio settings for screen sharing:
- Explore the voice and video settings: Discord offers a range of voice and video settings that can impact your screen sharing experience. Take a moment to navigate through these settings and ensure they are configured correctly for optimal audio performance.
- Adjust input sensitivity: Discord allows you to adjust the sensitivity of your microphone input. Make sure it is set to an appropriate level so that your voice is picked up clearly without any excessive background noise.
- Enable noise suppression: Discord’s noise suppression feature is designed to reduce unwanted background noise during voice communication. Check if it is enabled and see if toggling it on or off makes a difference to your audio while screen sharing.
- Test echo cancellation: Echo cancellation can help minimize any echo or feedback loop issues during screen sharing. Test this feature to see if it resolves any audio problems you might be facing.
- Verify automatic input sensitivity: Discord also has an automatic input sensitivity feature that adjusts your microphone sensitivity based on ambient noise levels. Make sure this setting is enabled if you want discord to handle sensitivity adjustments automatically.
- Ensure correct input and output devices are selected: Sometimes, discord may be using the wrong input or output device for audio during screen sharing. Double-check that the correct devices are selected in discord’s settings.
- Verify microphone input: Make sure that your desired microphone is selected as the input device in discord. If you have multiple microphones, choose the one you want to use for screen sharing.
- Check audio output: Similarly, confirm that the correct audio output device is selected in discord. This ensures that you can hear the audio while screen sharing through the intended speakers or headphones.
By thoroughly reviewing your discord audio settings for screen sharing, exploring the voice and video settings, and ensuring the correct input and output devices are selected, you should be able to troubleshoot any audio issues you encounter. Take the time to adjust the settings to your preference and enjoy seamless audio during your screen sharing sessions on discord.
Verifying System Sound Settings
If you’re facing issues with the audio while using discord’s screen sharing feature, don’t worry – you’re not alone. Many users have encountered this frustrating problem. One possible solution is to verify your system sound settings. By checking and configuring the audio output and input devices, as well as adjusting the volume levels and checking mute settings, you can potentially resolve the audio issues.
Read on to learn how to do this on both windows and macos.
Checking System Sound Settings On Windows:
- First, right-click on the sound icon in the windows taskbar and select “open sound settings.”
- Ensure that the correct audio device is selected as the default playback option.
- Next, click on the “device properties” link and make sure the audio device is enabled and working properly.
- If the audio device is not working, try updating the driver or reinstalling it.
- Additionally, you can restart the discord application and test the screen sharing feature to see if the audio is working now.
Configuring The Audio Output And Input Devices On Macos:
- Navigate to the apple menu and select “system preferences.”
- Click on the “sound” icon and go to the “output” tab.
- Make sure the correct audio output device is selected. You can choose between built-in speakers, headphones, or external speakers.
- Go to the “input” tab and select the appropriate audio input device, such as a microphone.
- Adjust the input volume to an adequate level to ensure proper audio transmission.
- Test the screen sharing feature on discord after configuring the audio devices to see if the audio issue is resolved.
Troubleshooting audio problems during screen sharing on discord can be frustrating, but by verifying your system sound settings, you may be able to address the issue. Remember to check and configure both the audio output and input devices, adjusting volume levels and checking mute settings along the way.
Hopefully, these steps will help you enjoy seamless audio during screen sharing on discord.
Updating Discord And Audio Drivers
Discord screen share audio not working 2019 can be a frustrating issue, but luckily, there are steps you can take to resolve it. One common solution is updating both discord and audio drivers. It is crucial to keep these components up to date for smooth functionality and compatibility.
- Discord updates: Discord frequently releases updates to enhance the user experience and fix any bugs or issues. Updating discord ensures that you have access to the latest features and improvements. Additionally, newer versions often address audio-related problems, which can help resolve screen share audio not working.
- Audio driver updates: Audio drivers are crucial for your computer’s sound system to function correctly. Outdated or incompatible audio drivers can lead to issues with discord screen share audio. Updating audio drivers can improve compatibility, fix known audio-related issues, and enhance audio performance on your device.
Updating both discord and audio drivers can help ensure smooth audio functionality during screen sharing sessions. Now let’s dive into the steps to update these components.
Steps To Update the Discord Application
To update your discord application, follow these steps:
- Open discord on your computer.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner to open the user settings.
- Navigate to the “appearance” tab in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the “advanced” section.
- Toggle on the “automatically update” option under the “updates” heading.
- Discord will now automatically check for updates and download them when available.
Checking For The Latest Version And Update Instructions
To manually check for the latest version of discord and update it, follow these steps:
- Open discord on your computer.
- Click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner to open the user settings.
- Scroll down to the “advanced” section in the left sidebar.
- Click on the “check for updates” button.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
Updating Audio Drivers For Better Compatibility
To update your audio drivers, you can use online resources and tools that offer driver updates. Here are some options:
- Driver manufacturer websites: Visit the official websites of your audio driver manufacturers and look for the latest driver versions specifically designed for your audio device. Download the appropriate driver and follow the installation instructions provided.
- Driver update software: There are various driver update software available online, such as driver booster, driver easy, and snappy driver installer. These tools automatically scan your system, detect outdated or incompatible audio drivers, and provide you with the necessary updates.
- Windows device manager: You can also update your audio drivers using the windows device manager. Right-click on the “start” button, select “device manager,” then expand the “sound, video, and game controllers” category. Right-click on your audio device and choose “update driver.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Keeping your audio drivers up to date is essential to ensure compatibility with discord and maintain optimal audio performance.
By following these steps and keeping both discord and audio drivers up to date, you can increase the chances of resolving the discord screen share audio not working issue and enjoy seamless audio sharing experiences.
Troubleshooting Firewall And Antivirus Programs
Firewall and antivirus programs play a crucial role in protecting our systems from potential threats and unauthorized access. However, sometimes these security measures can inadvertently interfere with certain functionalities of applications like discord screen share. If you’re facing issues with audio not working during screen sharing on discord, it’s worth troubleshooting your firewall and antivirus programs to ensure they’re not causing any conflicts.
Here’s what you need to know and the steps to resolve the issue:
- Examining settings and configurations: The first step in troubleshooting firewall and antivirus conflicts is to examine the settings and configurations of these programs. Look for any rules or restrictions that might be blocking discord or its audio features. Ensure that the necessary permissions are granted for discord to function properly.
- Adding exceptions or whitelisting discord in security software: If you find that your firewall or antivirus is indeed blocking discord’s audio, you can try adding exceptions or whitelisting discord in your security software. By doing so, you’re essentially allowing the application to bypass any restrictions imposed by these programs. Refer to the user manual or the support website of your security software for instructions on how to add exceptions or whitelist discord.
Steps to modify settings for a smoother screen-sharing experience:
Here are a few additional steps you can take to modify your firewall and antivirus settings for a smoother screen-sharing experience on Discord:
- Temporarily disable your security software: Try disabling your firewall or antivirus temporarily to check if it resolves the audio issue. If the audio starts working after disabling the security software, it indicates that there might be a conflict between discord and the software.
- Enable upnp (universal plug and play): Universal plug and play is a network protocol that allows devices to automatically discover and connect to each other. Enabling upnp on your router or security software may help resolve conflicts related to audio not working during screen sharing.
- Update your security software: Keeping your firewall and antivirus programs up to date is essential for optimal compatibility and performance. Make sure you have the latest version of these software installed to minimize conflicts with discord screen sharing.
By troubleshooting the settings and configurations of your firewall and antivirus programs, and making necessary adjustments, you can potentially resolve the audio issues during discord screen sharing. Remember to always prioritize the security of your system and evaluate any changes you make to ensure they align with your overall security strategy.
Checking Internet Connection
Unstable or slow internet connections can often be the root cause of audio issues during discord screen sharing. It is important to assess the stability and speed of your internet connection to identify any potential issues. Here are a few key points to consider:
- Check if there are any ongoing internet service provider (isp) outages in your area. Sometimes, temporary disruptions can affect the quality of your connection.
- Ensure that you are connected to a reliable wi-fi network or have a stable wired connection. Weak or intermittent signals can lead to audio problems.
- Close any unnecessary applications or processes that may be hogging your internet bandwidth. This can help prioritize the available bandwidth for discord’s screen sharing feature.
- If possible, try connecting to a different network to rule out any issues specific to your home network setup.
Troubleshoot Discord Screen Share No Audio Sound:
Network issues like packet loss or high latency can impact the audio quality while screen sharing on discord. Here are a few troubleshooting steps to consider:
- Disable any virtual private network (vpn) or proxy connections that might interfere with your internet traffic. Discord’s screen sharing works better without such configurations.
- Ensure that your router’s firmware is up to date. Sometimes, outdated firmware can result in network instability.
- Check for any firewall settings that may be blocking certain ports or protocols required for discord’s audio transmission. Temporary disabling of the firewall can help identify if it is causing the issue.
Restarting The Router Or Modem:
Sometimes, a simple restart of your router or modem can resolve temporary network issues. Follow these steps to restart your network devices:
- Locate the power button on your router or modem.
- Press the power button to switch it off and wait for about 10 seconds.
- Press the power button again to turn it back on.
- Allow a few minutes for the router or modem to fully start up and establish a stable connection.
Running A Speed Test To Evaluate Connection Quality:
Conducting a speed test can provide insights into the performance and stability of your internet connection. Here’s how you can run a speed test:
- Visit a reliable speed test website or use a dedicated speed test application.
- Click on the “start test” button to initiate the speed test.
- Wait for the test to complete and evaluate the results obtained.
- Make a note of the download speed, upload speed, and ping time. These values can help determine if your connection meets the requirements for smooth audio during screen sharing.
Regularly assessing your internet connection’s stability, troubleshooting network issues, restarting your router or modem, and running speed tests are essential steps to ensure smooth audio during discord screen sharing. By following these guidelines, you can identify and resolve any internet-related problems that may be affecting your discord experience.
Resetting Discord Voice Settings
Discord is a popular communication platform among gamers, allowing them to chat, share screens, and even stream games. However, sometimes you may encounter issues with discord screen share audio not working. One troubleshooting step you can take is resetting discord voice settings.
Resetting Discord Voice Settings To Default:
Resetting your voice settings to default can help resolve any conflicts or misconfigurations that may be causing issues with your discord screen share audio. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the discord application on your computer and log in to your account.
- Click on the settings gear icon located at the bottom-left corner of the discord window.
- In the settings menu, navigate to the “voice & video” tab on the left side.
- Scroll down to find the “reset voice settings” button and click on it.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear asking if you want to reset your voice settings. Click on the “okay” button to proceed.
- After resetting the voice settings, restart discord for the changes to take effect.
Clearing Any Potential Conflicts Or Misconfigurations:
Clearing any potential conflicts or misconfigurations can also help in resolving discord screen share audio issues. Here’s how you can clear these conflicts:
- Close discord completely by right-clicking on the discord icon in the system tray and selecting “quit discord” or “close discord.”
- Press the windows key + r to open the run dialog box.
- Type “%appdata%\discord” (without quotes) in the run dialog box and press enter.
- This will open the discord appdata folder. Delete all the files and folders present in this folder.
- Restart your computer and open discord again.
By resetting discord voice settings and clearing any potential conflicts or misconfigurations, you can troubleshoot and hopefully resolve any issues with discord screen share audio not working. Remember to reconfigure your voice settings accordingly, such as selecting the correct input and output devices, to ensure seamless communication while using discord.
Test And Verify
Conducting Test Calls And Screen Sharing Sessions After Troubleshooting
Having encountered issues with discord’s screen share audio feature, it’s important to perform a series of tests and verifications to ensure a smooth user experience. By following these steps, you can identify the root cause of the audio problem and take appropriate action.
Verifying If The Audio Issue Is Resolved Or Persists
After troubleshooting, it is crucial to verify whether the audio issue has been resolved or not. This step ensures that any adjustments or fixes made during the troubleshooting process have effectively addressed the problem. Take the following steps to verify the status of your discord screen share audio:
- Initiate a test call with a friend or colleague on discord.
- Enable screen sharing during the call and ensure that the audio is set to share.
- Request the person on the other end to provide feedback on whether they can hear the shared audio clearly.
- Test the audio on various applications or web pages to verify if the issue persists.
By following these steps, you can determine if the audio issue has been successfully resolved or if further action is required.
Additional Steps To Consider If The Problem Remains
If the discord screen share audio problem persists, there are a few additional steps you can consider to further troubleshoot the issue. These steps can help you identify any underlying factors that may be causing the audio problem. Take the following measures:
- Ensure that your discord and audio drivers are up to date.
- Check your audio settings in discord and make sure the correct input and output devices are selected.
- Restart your computer, as this can sometimes resolve issues with audio settings.
- Try using discord on a different device or operating system to see if the problem is specific to your current setup.
- Reach out to discord support or consult the discord community for further assistance.
By following these additional steps, you can address the persisting audio issue effectively and ensure a seamless discord screen share experience.
Remember, identifying and resolving audio issues during screen sharing on discord requires thorough testing and verification to ensure an optimal experience. With these steps in mind, you can troubleshoot audio problems and enjoy uninterrupted audio during your screen sharing sessions.
Seeking Further Assistance
When it comes to discord screen share audio issues, there may be instances where you encounter persistent problems despite troubleshooting on your own. In such cases, it is important to seek further assistance to resolve the audio problems you are facing.
This section will guide you on when and how to seek help for persistent audio issues while using discord’s screen share feature.
When To Seek Further Assistance For Persistent Audio Issues?
- If you have followed all the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier but the audio issue still persists, it may be time to seek further assistance.
- Consider seeking help if the problem occurs consistently and interferes with your ability to communicate effectively through discord’s screen share feature.
Contacting Discord Support And Forums For Help:
- Discord provides an extensive support system to help users troubleshoot and resolve any issues they may encounter.
- Visit the discord support website and browse through the available resources such as faqs, troubleshooting guides, and user forums.
- Utilize discord’s support ticket system to directly contact their support team for personalized assistance if you’re unable to find a solution through their online resources.
Utilizing Online Communities And Resources For Tips And Solutions:
- Engaging with online communities and forums dedicated to discord can be a valuable resource for finding tips and solutions from experienced users.
- Participate in discussions or create a new thread detailing your audio issue to seek advice from the discord community.
- Make use of online resources, such as video tutorials and guides, that offer solutions to common audio problems encountered during screen sharing on discord.
Remember, seeking further assistance ensures that you exhaust all possible avenues for resolving your persistent audio issues on discord’s screen share feature. By reaching out to discord support, online communities, and utilizing available resources, you increase the chances of finding a solution that works for you.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
1. Why Is My Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working?
There could be several reasons why your discord screen share audio is not working. First, check your audio settings to ensure the correct input and output devices are selected. Make sure your microphone and speakers are not muted or disabled.
Additionally, ensure that you have the latest version of discord installed, as older versions may have audio compatibility issues.
2. How Do I Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Issues?
To fix discord screen share audio issues, try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Check your audio settings in discord to ensure the correct devices are selected.
2. Restart discord and your computer to refresh the system.
3. Update discord to the latest version to resolve any audio compatibility issues.
4. Disable any third-party audio-enhancing software that may interfere with discord’s audio.
5. If the issue persists, try reinstalling discord or contact discord support for further assistance.
3. Can I Screen Share On Discord Without Audio?
Yes, discord allows you to screen share without audio. When initiating a screen share, you have the option to include or exclude audio. If you choose to exclude audio, your screen will be shared without transmitting any sound from your device.
This can be useful in situations where you want to share your screen without disturbing others with audio.
4. How Can I Test My Audio On Discord?
To test your audio on discord, follow these steps:
1. Open the discord app and go to your user settings (click on the gear icon).
2. Navigate to the “voice & video” section.
3. Under the “input device” and “output device” dropdown menus, select the appropriate devices for your microphone and speakers or headphones.
4. Speak into your microphone, and you should see the green input meter move to confirm that your audio is being detected.
5. Click on the “let’s check” button to test your audio and adjust the input sensitivity if necessary.
5. Why Is There No Sound When I Screen Share On Discord?
If you are screen sharing on discord and there is no sound, the issue could be due to incorrect audio settings. Make sure that the correct audio devices are selected for both input and output in discord’s settings. Also, ensure that your computer’s volume is not muted or set too low.
If the problem persists, try restarting discord and your computer, or reach out to discord support for further assistance.
To wrap it up, troubleshooting discord screen share audio issues can be frustrating, but with the right steps and a bit of patience, you can resolve them. First, make sure your audio devices are properly connected and configured. Check for outdated audio drivers and update them if necessary.
Adjust the audio settings within discord, ensuring that the correct input and output devices are selected. If all else fails, consider using alternative screen sharing solutions or contacting discord support for further assistance. Remember, staying informed about the latest updates and bug fixes from discord can also help you prevent audio issues in the future.
By following these tips, you can enjoy seamless audio during your screen sharing sessions on discord and make the most out of this popular communication platform.